PPTX templates allow you to merge data from Salesforce into Microsoft PowerPoint PPTX presentations. They are built in Microsoft PowerPoint and uploaded to Salesforce for generation.
PPTX templates allow you to leverage the full functionality of Microsoft PowerPoint, allowing you to create well-designed and formatted presentations with no HTML/CSS experience required. This format is useful for users who are already proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint.
|HTML/CSS Source Editing|
|Template Header & Footer|
|Insert Component Templates|
|Mass Merge (Batch Generation)|
|Collect e-signatures with S-Sign|
PPTX templates are recommended for short presentations that require a limited amount of dynamic Salesforce data.
Consider the following PPTX limitations:
- PPTX templates have a limit of approximately 10 slides when uploaded to the template editor
- Merging graphics/images in the correct area can be difficult in certain situations
- Inserting extensive merge fields or related lists can be difficult, since they need to be copied from the S-Docs template editor and pasted into your PPTX presentation. In addition, all dynamic content (merge fields, related lists, conditional logic, etc.) must follow special syntax (see below).
- Your uploaded template has an upper limit of 10 related lists
- Presentations generated via S-Docs Jobs or Mass Merge must have a final size of less than ~120 KB
- Runtime Prompt inputs with rich text formatting are not supported
- Simpler related lists are supported, but more complex related list qualities like using <td> cells as column prefixes are currently not supported
- For rich text fields:
- Line breaks, images, and ordered/unordered lists are retained. All other formatting (such as bold text and alignment) is removed
- If a list begins on line 1 of the rich text field, a blank line will be inserted above it
- Fonts and font sizes will not be pulled from Salesforce rich text fields into your PPTX presentation - they will simply match Microsoft PowerPoint's "Normal" style. If you want your document to display the font from your rich text field, you can either change Microsoft PowerPoint's "Normal" style to match the desired font/font size, or use the font-family and font-size merge field attributes
- Generating a PPTX presentation without creating an Attachment or File is not supported
- PPTX templates cannot have a Related To Type of OpportunityLineItem, QuoteLineItem, or any other standard Salesforce object that does not support Notes & Attachments
- Percentages as units of measurement in image are not supported. However, absolute sizes (i.e. inches, centimeters, pixels) are fully supported
PPTX templates have the following special requirements:
- Dynamic content tags (merge fields, related lists, conditional logic blocks, etc.) require special syntax. Click here for more information.