S-Sign allows you to customize the automatic emails it sends out for the following email events:
- Partial Confirmation (sent to a user after they submit a document, when there are still signers that need to sign afterwards)
- Final Confirmation (sent to all signers after the final signer submits the document; includes the signed document as an attachment)
- Signer Declined (sent to the Salesforce user who sent the S-Sign request when a signer declines a signature)
You can also create custom email templates for the following automatic email events if you've enabled expiration and reminder notifications.
- Reminders (sent to signers at intervals specified in the S-Sign Notification Settings)
- Expiration (sent to signers when an e-signature request expires, as specified in the S-Sign Notifications Settings)
- Voided (sent to signers when a Salesforce user voids an e-signature request)
These templates can be created and configured just like any normal S-Docs HTML email template, but you must ensure your S-Sign Internal User's profile has the appropriate access.
From the Setup menu, type "Profiles" into the Quick Find bar, click Profiles in the dropdown menu, then click the Edit link next to your S-Sign Internal User's profile.
Scroll down to the Custom Object Permissions section and ensure Modify All is checked for S-Docs, S-Docs Fields, and S-Docs Relationships.
Once you've granted the S-Sign Internal User's profile the appropriate access, you can create and use your custom S-Sign email notification templates.
To do so, simply create a new S-Docs template. Set the Related To Type field to the same base object as your S-Sign PDF template, and set the Template Format field to HTML.
From there, you can edit your email template in the S-Docs template editor like normal. In this example, we're creating a Partial Confirmation email, which will be emailed to signers after they submit a document when there are additional signers that need to sign afterwards. Note that this example uses several special S-Sign fields; a full list of available fields is available in the next section.
You can use the following special fields in your custom email notification templates:
Assign Email Notification Templates To S-Sign Templates
The final step is to assign your custom email notification template to an S-Sign template. To do so, navigate to your S-Sign enabled PDF template (the template that will create the document for signature) and find the S-Sign Notification Settings in the S-Sign panel on the left (under the S-Sign Template Settings tab). Paste the template ID of your custom HTML email notification template into one of the top six fields based on which automatic email event it is for.
Since we created a Partial Confirmation template, we'll paste its ID into that field.
Template IDs can be found in your browser address bar on the template record detail page.
When a user signs & submits the document that we assigned our Partial Confirmation custom email to, they'll receive our custom email.
That's all there is to it! You can use a single custom notification template for all of your S-Sign templates, or create unique ones for each different type of document that you need to send for signature.