The S-Docs installation package already includes all needed components that allow it to work with Google Drive. However, your admin will need to complete the following two steps:
- Add Google domains to the Remote Site Settings.
- Activate Templates for Google Drive.
Add Remote Site Settings
S-Docs Google Drive Integration requires that you create two entries in Salesforce’s Remote Site Settings that will allow your Salesforce org to interface with Google.
- Navigate to Your Name > Setup > Security Controls > Remote Site Settings.
- Click New Remote Site button.
- Set the Remote Site Name field to SDOCS1
- Set the Remote Site URL field to https://accounts.google.com
- Make sure Active is checked, and then click Save.
- Create another record with the Remote Site Name set to SDOCS2
- Set the Remote Site URL field to https://www.googleapis.com
- Make sure Active is checked and then click Save.
Activate Templates for Google Drive
Administrators are able to determine which documents are eligible for upload to Google Drive. Each S-Docs Template record has a Google Docs Enabled checkbox that determines whether new documents generated with this template can be uploaded to Google.