The S-Docs installation package already includes all needed components that allow it to work with Google Drive. However, your admin will need to complete the following two steps:
- Add Google domains to the Remote Site Settings.
- Add the Google Drive Enabled checkbox to the template detail page.
Add Remote Site Settings
S-Docs Google Drive Integration requires that you create two entries in Salesforce’s Remote Site Settings that will allow your Salesforce org to interface with Google.
- Navigate to Setup > Security Controls > Remote Site Settings, then click New Remote Site.
- Set the Remote Site Name field to SDOCS1 and the Remote Site URL field to https://accounts.google.com. Make sure Active is checked, and then click Save & New.
- For the next site, set the Remote Site Name to SDOCS2, set the Remote Site URL field to https://www.googleapis.com. Make sure Active is checked and then click Save.
Add Google Docs Enabled Checkbox to Template Detail Page & Activate Templates for Google Drive
Administrators are able to determine which documents are eligible for upload to Google Drive with the Google Docs Enabled checkbox. This checkbox is not visible by default, however, and must be added to the template detail page layout. Navigate to any template record and click Edit Layout.
Under the Fields tab, scroll to find the Google Docs Enabled field, then drag it down into the SDoc Template Detail section.
Click Save. This checkbox will now appear on all template detail records. You can now check it to determine whether new documents generated with this template can be uploaded to Google.