DOC templates allow you to merge simple to complex data from Salesforce into Microsoft Word DOC documents. They are built with the S-Docs Template Editor in Salesforce.
DOC templates support simple to advanced data merging, conditional logic, configurable runtime prompts, and more. After generation, you can also leverage the full functionality of Microsoft Word to make further edits.
DOC templates also support a wide variety of fonts that aren't available for PDF templates.
|HTML/CSS Source Editing|
|Template Header & Footer|
|Insert Component Templates|
|Mass Merge (Batch Generation)|
|Collect e-signatures with S-Sign|
DOC templates are recommended for standard to complex documents that need to be output as Microsoft Word files. DOC templates are also recommended for documents that require extensive editing after generation.
While DOC templates are well-suited for many requirements, consider the following limitations.
- Blank pages may appear at the end of your document in rare situations
DOC templates have the following special requirements:
- You must use special code to add page numbers to your DOC templates
- Check the Embed Images checkbox in the Page Settings tab in the template editor to ensure your images scale correctly
- You must use the style attribute in your image source. Click here for more information
- You must click Enable Editing in Microsoft Word for images to download correctly
- To add dynamic tables of contents to your DOC templates, follow instructions outlined here.